Friday, August 22, 2008

Mid week training -08/20/2008

Today was my first mid week training all year for Honolulu Marathon training. I am always go into these workout treading it, because I know it is going to Kick my ass, but afterwards, I feel so good from the great workout. What I decided to do is Bike from downtown to Wilson and lakeshore and do the speed workout and then bike back. It is about 9 miles each way. I took my new road bike and basically averaged about 18mph.
At training we went through some form drills and did 25 minutes of light jog, 300m of sprints up the hill down the hill and light jog again. I ended up doing it 5 times. My stats are shown below.
After the workout, I did not realize it was going to get dark sooner and did not bring my lights. So I had to husseled back to downtown, where I left my car. Cruising at 19mph, I felt good. As I approached Oak Street beach some idiot in front of me did not look back and did not give me a warning, as I am yelling on your left, he cut right in front of me, I slammed on my brakes, unhooked my foot from the pedal and slid down slamming into the ground on my back and hitting my tailbone. It could have been worst, because of my backpack that I had my running shoe cushioned the blow. My tailbone is a bit sore now. I gave the idiot a lecture about giving warnings, signaling and looking back before he makes such a drastic move.
Lesson learned...

Summary of the workout

satellite view of the run up and down the hil

Pace per mile

Elevation, you can see the little hills

Heart rate

No comments: