Saturday, August 16, 2008

Experiment Alaska??? What is it


I have mentioned before about this show called "Experiment Alaska" by the Discovery Channel


A good friend of mine, Tina, one day called me up and said "Hey you could to audition for this" I have only seen half of one show and was interested, but never seen the whole season 1. I went to the audition, filled out an application and sat in front of the video camera for about 3 minutes.

Basically, this show makes survival look like kids games. This is the real deal, there are no contest, competition or any drama power plays. You get dropped off somewhere in near the Gulf of Alaska in September and have to navigate yourself through the terrain to find you cabin, shack or whatever they give you. There are 4 teams of 3 or for people. Each team are in different locations. You have to survive 3 month in the harsh environment of Alaska. You are only given the basic necessities, a gun and whatever else you need to survive.

You have almost 2 weeks to capture as much salmon as you can before the salmon run ends and your in competition with the bears. Then you can "Can" the salmon and have food for the remaining months. If you fail catching enough salmon then your are pretty much in trouble. Without any protein in your diet, you will lose all your energy and it will become very difficult to function.

You are also given 2 opportunties to hunt and are given a rifle to hunt, one for Goats and two for Moose.

I finished watching the first season and I abosuletly thrilled. This is what I want to do. This is my type of show. I would pay to be on this show.

I have emailed the producer and she has indicated that my Energy stood out and that she crossing her fingers. I should hear something soon. Wish me luck!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!