Saturday, August 16, 2008

Honolulu Marathon training Update

Well, it was a beautiful morning for a great 6 mile run. I woke up, with a slight headache, almost like a hangover, but I was not drinking. I could sleep at all last night and barely slept at all. Most of the night I was contemplating on Discovery Channel "Experiment Alaska" I explain more later on that.
So, I got my butt out of bed at 5:30am and was at Wilson and Lake Shore path by 6:30am. I felt like I did not have enough energy and felt tired. As soon as we started to run, I can feel the stiffness in my body, but after a mile, I was back into the groove of running. Breathing was smooth, my pace was comfortable and my form was good. I mostly ran with one of my Mentee Nicole and Nadia.
I finished the 6 miles still feeling fresh and great. My knee did not bother me at all and felt no pain whatsoever. I also took it easy, since this is the first time I am running 6 miles this year. SO I was not sure how my body would react by the changes that occurred in my body, such as taking a 7 month off from running, my knee injury and the weight loss.
Over all I am pleased with my 6 miles
Here are some stats

Summary
Per mile
Map of route




No comments: