Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My First HOT Yoga - Bikram Yoga


Ok, it's official, I am hooked on yoga... I would have to blame it on one of my good friends Nadia. Every since my first Saturday Yoga class that she threw it as a fundraiser, I felt great and new I would like it. At the same time, I wanted a bit of a push. Something a bit more tougher. So I found Bikram Yoga, just across the street. I went for my first class this evening, and wow, its HOT. 105 degrees!! The first 2 minutes I was dripping in sweat. I took off my shirt, a bit shy...hehhee. There were a total of 38 people in the class(yes, I counted) most of them ladies, a few men. The instructor took us through several moves. I made most of the move, but there were a couple of them I could almost do. What great fun. I highly recommend it.
So, what is the big deal??? This is straight from there website at http://www.105f.com/

The room is hot because the heat helps to:


  • detoxify your boyd through sweating
  • protect muscles for deeper stretching
  • thin the blood to clear the circulatory system
  • increase heart rate for better cardio workout
  • promote thizothrophy , the softening of bodily tissue into an optimal state for reorganization

So what in the world is Bikram Yoga?

Also known as "hot yoga" was developed by Bikram Choudhury and is a 90 minutes comprised of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises practiced in 105 hot room.

The benefits of this type of yoga is:

  • Sleep deeply
  • reduce stress
  • set skin aglow
  • lubiricate joints
  • improve posture
  • strengthen heart
  • increaase stamina
  • normalize weight
  • expand lungs and control breath
  • enchance physical performance
  • heal and prevent injuries
  • stretch and tone muscles
  • increase spein flexiblity
  • bolster inmunes system
  • relieve chronic pain
  • enjoy mental clarity



No comments: