Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's Official, I am CRAZY!!

Not looking to happy about doing the Polar Bear Plunge

Right after the 5k Fun Run, I went over to North ave beach to do the Polar Bear Plunge, but started to have second thoughts. It was very, very cold. The ice on the beach was not very inviting. My friend Sue, pushed me into it, so after much thought, I just went for it. Why, because if I did not do it, I would feel bad and I hate to feel guilty of not doing something that I set out to do. Especially when it comes to any physical activities. I did not have anything to prove with this, and have done it 3 times already. But seeing everyone out there, I could not help but to feel all caught up about it. Here are some highlights

My friend "Ninja" Sue, wondering why would I do this.


North Ave beach in Ice. You had to cross through to plunge

Proof of my craziness. Me among the Icebergs. Yikes!

I hesitated a bit as I approach the icy water, but made the plunge. It was indeed as cold as it looks. As a wave started to come in, I planned to dive into it. And I did. I felt my breath being taken away as my body was not expecting this. My breathing was a bit harder and I lost all feelings of my legs and my foot. Especially my feet. It felt like I no longer had feet anymore. I ran back to the beach to towel down and started to dress as fast as I could. I could not feel my toes any longer. I did not stay that long and could not imagine if I would have stayed longer. A nice lady saw me shivering so she gave me a towel, which was very nice of her. Sue and I ran over to my car and started the heater and the heat seat. I took off my shoes to start rubbing my toes. Here is the painful part, as soon as they started to circulate blood, it started to hurt. I mean really hurt. My fingers also started to hurt also, which I guess were also frozen. I couldn't tell because I was too concern about getting blood circulating in my toes. Afterwards, my body started to shake uncontrollable for about 15 minutes. My body was in shock. I felt fine after the shock was over. Came home took a shower and ate lunch.

By the way, As I was driving to the race this morning, I was stopped by a cop, because I kind of blew a red light. I was thinking to myself, man, what a way to start the year with a ticket. But, no, it did not happen, she let me go. How interesting.

SO, this is how I spend my first day of the year. How was yours?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is the speedo?!