Thursday, January 10, 2008

Conquer your Fears

Fear sometimes is all in your mind. Fears are only conquered if you confront them. You will see that it was not that bad at all. Of course having said, I started to think about my own fears and the fears of hiking the PCT. Here are a few.
1. If one of my re-supply package did not get into one of my supply town or got lost. How many days would I have to wait.
2. Getting massively lost and way out of the trail.
3. Hitch hiking into town with some baddies that will have some not so good intentions.
4. Slipping on a slippery slope and missing the trails.
5. Confronting a bear again and getting attached again.
6. Rattle snakes, rattle snakes and more rattle snakes.
7. Starving to death.
8. Not finding water
9. Stuck in a snow storm for days.
10. Getting injuried without a way to get out.
11. Liking the wilderness sooo much, that I would not want to come back to civilization again.
12. Dehydration in the Navajo dessert
After all this, I am still excited about the notion of hiking the PCT. In fact if I had enough time off and money, I would go for the triple crown and do all of them, PCT, CDT and AT.

Later

No comments: