Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Where should I be and where should I go?

Taken in the area between Yellowstone and Grand Tetons in HDR

In days like this I can't help to think of why am I here inside my four wall square? Its a perfect 74 degrees here in Chicago today. I look around me and everyone is rushing and moving and going somewhere in a hurry. No one is stopping for anything or anyone. We humans are like little nanobots running around with set of instructions that we follow and there is no deviation from it. Reminds me of an old game I used to play called Lemmings. We can't seem to break that habit. Of course we have to do what we need to do to survive "man made and dictated society".
There used to be a time when all we did is survive. We had to gather our food, do our chores and make sure our shelter is good and well protected. Making sure we have fire. All the essentials. We would run and hike to far places that no one has ever been before. If we did not like it we would leave.
Today, we obviously don't do any of these things. Everything is done for us. There is no need to hunt or gather food. We just go to the market. Everything revolves around advancements in technology that makes us more efficient to do nothing. Let it do everything for us so we can become more lazy. Everything now is short cutting. How can I do it faster? How can I get there quicker.
Don't take me wrong, I do appreciate it and see the connivence factor but hope we, as human in this society, do not forget where and what we are. Can we survive a world without electricity? Can we make it on our own in a world where its everyone for themselves? Do we know where to go and what to take? If something would happen and we would need to run out of our houses and run for the hills. would we be prepare for that? It almost makes me think about making a backpack for "Just in case" scenario.
I know this sounds like a rambling of an out of whack person on the far side of the universe... but I am just thinking. That is what this blog all about... providing a platform for myself to express to others what I am feeling and what my current perspective is. However, I hope I have not deviated for the real reason for this blog and that is to document my adventures in hiking, camping, traveling, marathoning, cycling....etc.
Soon, once it get myself together, I will be out and about seeking a new adventures.

Happy trails...

No comments: