Saturday, June 4, 2011

HELL, Michigan... Dance with Dirt



Ok, I have been thinking about this for a long time. Actually, I would have to say that it has been almost 2 years. I think now is the time. I will be during 43 years old this June and I am not getting any younger. I don't feel old or look that old, (I hope). Age is a number and it is how you feel and act. The secret to looking and feeling young for me has always been exercise. Running as number 1 for me and then cycling. Keep that heart pumping. Of course, I am lucky I have been blessed with the Longevity genes, through my dad and looking young through my mom.

I am going to do the "Dance with Dirt" in Hell Michigan. Appropriate name. Now I have ran the last 3 marathon with ZERO training and survived with no recovery pains at all. I would not suggest this at all. After taking a bit of a break from real training. I am going to work hard and train hard for longer distance. This will be my goal. Training for an Ultra is not the same as training for a marathon. I will be out there for no longer then 12 hours. So I need to endure. I dont doubt that will not finish, I know I can do it... but this is going to required training no matter what.
The discipline and structure and some alternative training has to be there.
Here is the website



"As long as I am healthy and alive, there is nothing the can stop me. The only thing that can stop me is death"

No comments: