Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Update on Marathon #16

Danny and Ruta at the start line

Well, there are lessons to be learn here, somewhere. Unfortunately getting sick the week of the marathon and trying to run it is not a good idea especially when your cold is from the next down. I was hoping that I could run it, but somehow, I knew this was not going to happen.
Ruta was very supportive and cheered me on no matter what. I did not have my heart in the race to begin with. Running the first mile, I already thought about what I was doing. I was evaluating my physical condition and trying to determine if I was indeed feeling bad or not. My breathing was becoming labored and my nose was getting stuffy. I can now feel the congestion in my chest and the flem being built up in my throat. My legs could go on with no problems but my chest was not. I had a hard time breathing. This is where you have to listen to your body. I started go through so many scenerious in my head as far as should I quite, should I walk it.. is it worth it. I decided, to take a DNF and stop at mile 10, where Ruta was waiting for me.
Now my focus was all on getting to mile 10 and just calling it quites. I had to.
Everyone else, that I was with, got thier personal best and Fang finished her 2nd marathon.
I was very happy for them.

Come Monday, went to the doctor, because I just did not feel well, espeically around my chest area and I ended having Pnemonia. Pnemonia on my right upper lobe of my lung.

Well, I am out for a couple of days from work and probably the next two weeks from any running.

But I will be back to try my #16 Marathon.. 5 in a row again in San Diego at the end of May

No comments: