Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lake Tahoe - Meeks Bay hike

I will have to go more into details about my hike. In Summary, the hike original hike that I wanted to do was still with snow, so I took another option that the ranger gave me was to hike up on Emerald bay, north at Meeks Bay. It is still in the Desolation Wilderness. No one hikes during this time of the season, since it is still a bit early. Although, I can't see why not. The day temp high is maybe 70s, but the low at night is around 30s. Yes, I brought my thermals and did experience a little chill at night. I woke up feeling tired from staying up late celebrating with my TNT friends of our tremendous Century ride. I think I left around 11:30pm, after 5 glasses of wine. I fell asleep quickly. Woke up tired and said my good byes and went to the rangers office to get my permit. I drove to Meeks bay and went for the hike. It was 5 miles to the first lake called Genevia Lake. The hike was almost all up hill. There were some big ascents on the way to hike. My GPS was very useful, as I knew what to expect before I got there. I had to stop ever so often, because my backpack was so damn heavy. I really need to learn how to go light. I think it was 40 ibs on my back, and my lower right hip started to hurt. I decided to just stop at this lake and I am glad I did. It was absolutely beautiful. I set up my campsite. I sat on a side of tree and just stare out to the horizon and just began puring bad mental, emotional and spiritual thoughts. I took video and pictures and have some stats on the hike trip that I will have to post once I get back. I had my bode of wine, which is a bottle of wine. I went with a Pinot Grigrio.
I cooked my meal, which was Jamaican Black beans and rice with crackers. I drank the whole bottle and felt a good buzz. For now, I will leave you this picture of me overlooking a wonderful view. Until next time.

No comments: