Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lake Tahoe Century Ride - Part 1

Well, I did it!! Yet another century bike ride but, now with TNT. I would have to say, it was one of my best century ever. Not only did I feel great throughout the whole ride, but had so much fun. The people, the cyclist, the support was tremendous. Everyone was so helpful and supportive. There were about 3000 cyclist and of those 1800 from TNT. I was on the Illinois chapter of 50 people, one of the biggest chapter groups.
I wish I recorded exactly what I ate or did, but I had a consistence energy all the way out. There 2 really big hills. The one by Emerald bay, which came early on the ride, and the steepness was incredible. I drove it the next day on my way to a hike and could not help to wonder, wow, I cycled this hill? The other one was the big long one that they call spooner. I still had enough energy and hit the granny gear and took my pace and conquered it. More stories later for now I leave you with some pictures.

TNT Illinois Cyclist
The view from Emerald Bay
Danny at a lunch stop

No comments: