Sunday, April 27, 2008

TNT Lake Geneva Bike Ride

We went out to Lake Geneva for a 60 miles ride but ended up doing close to 48 miles. We did 2 loops around the lake but the wind condition was almost unbearable. with gust wind of 28mph it become quite difficult. Thank god for my new Trek Pilot 5.2. I manage to cruise at close to 10 to 15mph on my granny gears. Going up some massive hills were also a challenge. On this ride I used up every single gear I had. This is good for me since I am still getting used to the new bike. One thing for sure is that I have to take the bike in and shorten up the grip between my handle bar and the brake. It is way to far and such a strain on my small hands. They have it on order and hopefully can get it installed this Monday. I love the way the bike feels. Still a bit nervous going downhill. Trying to get the feel of a very light bike going down hills.
Going around certain sections of the lake was almost extreme where i had to ride at a 30 degree with some strong cross wind. Overall it was a challenge and good resistance training. I opted not to do the last little loop to complete the 60 miles. Below are some of the stats.

Map of our route, 2 loops around the lake

Summery data of the ride. Check out the wind
Elevation scale of the ride
Speed profile
Weather conditions.

The one thing I have to mention is that the TNT cycling team is such a bunch of encouraging and uplifting members. I am so impressed with all the coaches and member. We all did awesome and we were there for each other. What a team GO TEAM!!



No comments: