Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Welcome 2014


Another Year is over.  

Wow, I cannot believe its been a year since I have written on this blog.  Lots of changes this year for me.  Where do I start.  2013 is an odd number year and I always have my mind set that those years are not always good luck for me.  But this year was different in a lot of ways.  I am hoping that 2014 will be an even better year for me. 

This year was definitely the year of changes.  I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years in March and I feel pretty good about that.  It makes it easier when the love just disappears and fades away.

I finally purchased a house after several months of looking.  I got really lucky to have bought a very near perfect rehab house totally remodeled in a semi-decent neighborhood.  I say semi-decent neighborhood because it is still in Chicago but in a better NW side of the city.  It is a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with lots of room, for just me. 

My happiness level was even this year.  Not a lot of ups and downs.  

Health wise, I had a lot of migraines and sinus infection more then usual.  My running was almost not there at all.  The biggest issue I struggle this year was motivation.  The biggest part in pushing yourself to do something is motivation.  I realized what a huge impact motivation has on your goals.  
It is beyond me to understand why I lack such motivation to run and workout.  I did have some motivation for cycling and did a few trips.

I have been fighting the lack of motivation for the last 2 years now and feel very stuck and not able to push myself like I used to.

This year will be a different year.  This is the year where I am going to get my motivation back.  I am going to start running marathons and doing more adventure traveling.
My first goal is to run the Rock and Roll Half marathon in DC in March.  After that, I am planning to run several other marathons.  I figured I just need to jump right in and not look back.  I need to kick start my motivation and just DO IT.

So how was your New Year?  Any plans and goals for 2014?

Cheers

No comments: