Monday, July 21, 2008

Saturday Ragbrai - Part 2

The story goes on

Ok, the day went on as follows. Heidi, the Massage therapist finally came over with the keys. We drove to the gas station to make sure I have enough air on the spare. Then I continue to follow her until she decided to turn into Shelby for breakfast. Heidi then had this idea, since it is along the route why don’t I just hop in and ride to the last town. I then asked her, well, what do I do about my truck, she said oh don’t worry about it, someone can drive you back or you can bike back. From Shelby it was only 15 miles. So, I ate breakfast with her then changed back to my biking cloths and went on my way. Had a good bike ride. My knees felt good and had no pain whatsoever. However, I am still limping and hurts a bit when I walk. When I got back into town, there was no one available to give me a ride. So, I went and bike back to Shelby, but this time it was harder, due to riding directly towards the sun. It just burned me up. When I got to a little town called Tennat, I was able to hitch a ride from him to the shell station where I left my SUV. Drove back, took a shower, went out with my good friend from High school and his friend Rick for dinner. So over all I ended up doing about 28 miles. Not bad.

No comments: