Monday, July 28, 2008

RAGBRAI 2008 - Mishaps, Technical, and other difficulties

This Ragbrai I will put down as one with the most strange mishaps.
1. My SUV tire got shredded as Meghan was driving in the road and had to go and get Road side assistance
2. I had to take my Trek all carbon Fiber twice to get the gears shifting right. First I could not shift to the small ring and second time, I could not shift to the large ring
3. My spoke protector broke and had to get it removed.
4. My Garmin Colorado 400t fell off the bike twice while I was cruising at 21mph, had to quickly pull over and make sure no one ran it over.... that was dangerous. The second time it fell, I was doing about 24mph and it really hit hard that it broke off the wheel. I got nervous, because I could not get it started. I pop the wheel back in and put new batteries in and now it works. Wow, this little Garmin sure can take a hit. impressive.
5. Forgot my tent that Heidi was borrowing, left it on the ground.
6. Emergency brake line on my SUV is cut off
7. Feathers were ruffled with the Team... for some reason there were pend up hatred, jealousy or envy or just plain silliness that I was totally unaware of. If only there were better communication.
8. My subwoofer for my Mp3 just failed to function. So no jams on the road.

That is about it.

No comments: