Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ragbrai Day 6 - Friday


Day 6
Today, Friday is a 64 mile day. I talked to my Ragbrai Friend Julie and her brother David, who I met back in 2000 and we have been getting together ever since each year. They are the first to roller blade across Iowa. Great people. Since they are self sustainers, I promised them that I can hook them up near my campsite with OOS. The ride went well. Today, I rode on my own the whole day, which was a good thing. I had an emotional day, and a slight breakdown, but I will not get into that. But, lets just say, I did a lot of emotional, mentally and spiritual purging. What I have been doing a lot while I am riding is just meditating what I want to do. Cycling can be very therapeutic. You are in constant motion and rhythm and the whole experience just become so primal. You are outdoors all the time and all you have to worry about is Food, water, shelter and peddling. Nothing else matters at this point.
The only point of the trip was from Morley to Mechanicisville, where I was just getting drained from energy and could not get to my Energy spot that I knew about and have an XS and Perfect water.



Me cycling
Miller Lite Judy and Danny
Waiting for the Train to pass by
Danny and Brian Morse
My Ragbrai buddies from 2000, Julie and David

Ragbrai Picture Gallery updates at
http://picasaweb.google.com/runandcycle/

No comments: