Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ragbrai Day 1 - Sunday

Day 1Tire shredded at 4:45am
Close up of Tire

Well so far things are not looking good for me on this Ragbrai. Yesterday Saturday, I got on my bike and rode a total of 9 miles on my knee and fell great and strong. I got up some steep hills without any issue. The knee feels stiffer when I am walking but better when i am on my bike, so I felt confident that I can ride Sunday.
Woke up Sunday, ready to go, when someone told me that my 4x4 was off the exit ramp with a shredded tire. Now, this is what happened. I allowed Tim to use my 4x4 at 4:15 am to use by Megan to put up the OOS sign for our riders so when they come in they will know where to go to camp. Unfortunately about 8 miles out, my driver side back tire got shredded. Luckily I call my insurance, Progressive, which I have roadside assistance, were able to come quickly and get the spare tires on from underneath my car. I had no idea the way to unload the spare tire from underneath the car. It is very, very different.
Now here is the great part of the story, when I got to the car, I realized that I had no keys. The Meghan who left my SUV in a hurry to put up the signs had my keys and my spare keys I put it in the luggage inside one of the darryles trailer. Ugh, how could it get worse. So now here I am waiting for my massage therapist, to come back with my keys in a car to give me my keys so I can drive to the last town.
Forget about riding now. I lost interest today, frustration and aggravation is kicking in.
As of now 10:03am I am sitting near Exit 72 loveland in Missouri Valley, Iowa. I changed back to my street cloth and type on my blog with my air card.
I can't wait to get back to town and just relax and unwind all this frustration and aggravation I have.
More to come later on



Ragbrai Picture Gallery updates at
http://picasaweb.google.com/runandcycle/


Find me spot linke to see where I am in Real time. Will be updated every 10 min
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/gogl.jsp?glId=06nsbmlgxhjPtjjTkJq0HlqrCgrd3Uthf

No comments: