Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ragbrai Day 7 - Saturday

Day 7

Today is a fast and short day, only 52.7 miles. Brian, Rick and I rode all the way together, barely stopping at each town, mostly to eat, rest for 10 minutes and relax. It was a perfect day, nice and flat with tail wind. I had a good bursts of energy. Going up some hill at times at 21 mph. My top speed on flat was about 34mph. Felt good. We got to the Mississippi around noon. I was already starving. Took pictures, then went looking for my annual Ragbrai shirt and pin and had to get some food in me, before I collapse. While Brian and Rick did their ceremonial dipping of the tires in the river.
Got back to the welcome center and found out there were no showers available so most of the guys had the same thought I had and that was to take wash down in the bathroom. Waited for Terry to come in and then we left. Getting home was tiring but I did it. With my knee and everything, I felt like I had a good ride. Lots of strange and adventurous things happened, but I take it as a learning experience.
Walking around town

Aproaching Leclaire the last town
Danny and The bothers (Brian and Greg)
Brian, Danny and Rick at the River

Danny and Brian having a beer



Ragbrai Picture Gallery updates at
http://picasaweb.google.com/runandcycle/

No comments: