Monday, September 1, 2008

Nike Human 10k Race in Chicago

It was a good race, a bit crowded, but still got a decent time. It was a bit on the hot and humid side. The first 2 or 3 miles my body was still trying to acclimate to the weather and getting my body into a proper form. All of sudden around mile 3.5 and 4, I got my groove in and felt very light on my feet and had a good stride, so I started to kick it in. I felt really good at that point. No pain at all. My breathing was smooth and just overall felt fine.
After the race, I tried to get together with Natalie, Gato , Tatyana and Anya, but it seem almost impossible since everyone was wearing Red and there were at least 14,000 runner. I finally got to see them at the end at the Fallout boys concert in Soldier field.
it was so good to see them, since I have not seen them in a while.
Here are my stats for the race.

Summary, a bit on the Hot side, My pace was 8:04 avg

Pace per mile


The Route

No comments: