Saturday, September 13, 2008

Grand Canyon Hike out

We woke up at 3:15am to get a early start. I could barely get out of my tent... But knew I had to. We made breakfast, ate and started to pack our gears and strike down our tent. I felt like I was slow moving. We bought 2 sacks to have the mule take at least 30 ibs of our stuff up to the rim. This will ellevate some of the weight that we have to carry. My sister manage to put everything she had in her backpack which ended up being around 18 ibs and Michelle and I manage to squeeze about 22ibs of stuff in our sack. We tried to find some more things that can fit but the quest was fruitless. So we tied the sacks and left it for the mule.



We did not get started until 5:30am. Later then what we wanted. It was still dark when we started hiking but the sun rose quickly. We had a good hike. Rosy did great, even though se was starting to have a little problem breathing and needed a lot of rest stop, but she managed through. Michelled did awesome at a nice steady pace she manage to pull it through. Michelle mentioned that this is definetly harder then marathon. So, I think Rosy can do a marathon.




Just resting at the Indian Garden


We would hike and stop for rest and then continue on. We did it in about 10 hours. I am so impress with Michelle and Rosy that they did this tremendous Hike. We were pretty tired but I still manage to squeez some energy left to run ou to the barn and get the mule sack for us and then run to the Bright Angel Lodge gift shop to buy the girls a GC fleece sweater as a surprise for them making it the hike. We went over the General store and had lunch/dinner and then headed to Sedona. We took Route 89a, beautiful route to Sedona. We finally arrived around 7:15pm, just in time to make it to the gift shops for my sister to buy her gift items. Afterwards, we went to the hotel and took a shower, got our packs ready and hit a Mexican place for dinner. Even tough my sister was not feeling well, after a shower she felt a bit more refreshed.

The next day we drove to the airport just in time for our place. Michelle and I ate our lunch and watch a movie on my lap top.

I have to say this is one of my best vacation time. Had a great hiking partner and could not have asked for anything better.

Good job all

Here are some randome photos

Danny and Michelle

Michelle and RosyDanny at the Canyon

Michelle, Danny and Rosy, GC Crew

No comments: