Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reflection on Turning 40

Wow, still can't believe that this Thursday, June 19th, I will be turning 40. I can not turn back the clock or change the past. What I could do is reflect and redirect my life to the future. I would have to say, I have been blessed with good genes. I am healthy, active and have no injuries that prevent me from running, cycling, hiking and any other adventures I would like to pursue.
My 30ths is over and I am entering a new age group the 40ths. As I reflect back on my 30ths I see that I have done a lot. I started to run seriously and started cycling even more. I spend almost 3 months traveling across America on my own. I have ran marathon in Rome, Vancouver, Anchorage...etc.
What do I plan to do in my 40ths. Of course, my main purpose in life is always to find a soul mate or someone who I can share my life and adventures with. But as my life goes on and on, I see the hope and dream just slipping away.
So besides finding a mate, what else am I planning to do on my 40s? For starters, I will be running my first ultra, 31.1 miles in September in Hell, Michigan. (yes, nice name) . I am also, going to fly a F14 jet fighter on the end of September. I'm learning to swim, so I can do a Tri and then eventually do an Ironman. I am doing the Honolulu marathon in December. Later this year, will be learning to sail a boat.
Life moves forward and my attitude about turning 40 is to age gracefully and not take life for granted. Like I always say, "Live life like it is your last day, to the fullest without REGRET" Ask yourself, what do you want people to say when you turn 80? Wow, he took advantage and lived life. Nothing can stop me!!!
I am full of energy and vibrant and need to explode and just do it. I am in the best shape, I have ever been in my life and that is what I have going for myself.
Here is to everyone who is converting over to 40s. I will be at Hop Leaf at 6:30pm this Thursday with some friend to celebrate the turn over. Cheers



I was barely 2 and starting to cycle
Geeky me,

Today at 39 just turning 40

No comments: