Friday, February 15, 2008

Hike along Lake Tahoe on the PCT


Ok, I just called the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit and found out that this trail will be closed due to snow in late May and early June. So I am left to find another PCT trail to hike. The ranger adviced me to check out desolation lake hike in the wilderness, which should be really beautiful.

I am now looking at doing another section from Echo Lake Resort to Donner Pass at I-80.

Here is what I found on the internet about it

All of this section is in high mountains with glorious vistas along the way. There are several access points to the PCT, making a total of five day hikes possible. The southern part of Section K traverses Desolation Wilderness, the most popular wilderness area in California. The Eagle Falls TH, one access route to this wilderness area and to the PCT near South Lake Tahoe, is the busiest trailhead in all of Tahoe NF. Northbound, you reach Barker Pass (7650), then hike the crest above Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley ski areas on your way to famous Donner Pass on Old Highway 40 (7090) and finally I-80 near Boreal Ridge (7190).










No comments: