Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What is PCT?


I have been asked to explain what is this thing that I want to do. First, I am not going to do this anytime in the near future, but will attempt to do this within 2 or 3 years. It is a trip of a lifetime for sure.

The Pacific Crest Trail winds it way for 2,658 miles through California, Oregon and Washington.
Beginning at the Mexican border, the trail passes through the sky islands and desert valleys of southern California, climbs into the majestic granite pinnacles of the Sierra Nevadas, swings briefly west into the Klamath Mountains, then follows the string of Cascadian volcanoes north to Canada.
It passes through more than two-dozen national forests, seven national parks and 33 wildernesses before reaching its northern terminus at the border of Manning Provincial Park, British Columbia, Canada.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The thru hike would definitely be the ultimate excellent adventure. But, for now, I am taking my father for 30 days on a section of the trail in Southern California in July. We are documenting our ongoing conversations on preparation for the hike on my blog at http://matsonianpct.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very cool blog matsonian. I will look forward in reading it. Take care and good luck
Danny